Building Bridges helps young people (17.5 to 21 years of age) living with a developmental disability to plan for the transition from high school to life in their community after graduation.
We all want to live, work and be a part of the community after we graduate. Building Bridges helps families, teachers and young people to plan for the future so that their wishes and dreams can come true.
Building Bridges supports young people and their families to:
- Understand the need to plan early.
- Voice concerns about transition.
- Work to develop a plan, which includes achievable outcomes.
- Make connections in the community.
- Understand the need for and importance of work experience.
- Apply for funding.
- Navigate the social service, health and education systems.
For more information about Building Bridges, please contact the local DSO (Developmental Services Ontario) offices.
To find more excellent information and resources for young people, be sure to visit our links section.