Accessibility Laws (provincial) provides information about accessibility laws and standards in Ontario, including reporting deadlines for compliance.

Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities (provincial) helps parents with some of the extra costs of caring for a child who lives with severe disability.

Assistive Devices Program (ADP) (provincial) offers financial assistance to people living with long-term physical  disability so that they can buy assistive devices.

Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit (federal) provides a monthly taxable benefit to people who have contributed to CPP through their employment.

Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms (federal)

Developmental Services Human Resource Strategy (provincial) promotes developmental services as a worthy and valuable employment sector in Ontario.

Developmental Services Ontario (provincial) is the single point of contact for accessing adult developmental services in Ontario.

The Disability page (federal) of Employment & Social Development Canada offers an overview of disability related programs offered by the Government of Canada.

Employment Supports (provincial) are available to people with living with disabilities who can and want to work. The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) also provides Income Supports to people living with a disability who are in financial need to pay for basic living expenses, like food and housing.

Federal Court of Canada

Financial Services Commission of Ontario (provincial) regulates certain financial services sectors, including but not limited to insurance, mortgage brokerages, pension plans and loan and trust companies.

Find Federal Departments & Agencies

Find a Minister in the Government of Ontario (provincial)

Find your local Member of Parliament (federal) – scroll down to the section titled More Contacts.

Find your local Member of Provincial Parliament (federal)

Canada Grants for Students with Permanent Disabilities (federal)

Home & Vehicle Modification Program (provincial) established by the government of Ontario and administered by the March of Dimes, provides for basic home and  / or vehicle modifications.

Income Supports (provincial) are available to people with disabilities who are in financial need to pay for living expenses, like food and housing. The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) also provides Employment Supports to people with disabilities who can and want to work.

Ministry of Children and Youth Services (provincial) helps families to access the supports and services they need for their children at all stages of development.

Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), Developmental Services (provincial) provides services and supports to adults who live with a developmental disability and their families.

Ombudsman Ontario is responsible for investigating complaints against provincial (provincial) government organizations. The Ombudsman operates independently of the government.

Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) (provincial) is intended to meet the needs of people living with disability and to help them to become more independent through income and employment supports.

Ontario Early Years Centres (provincial) are for parents and caregivers of children (ages 0 to 6) find information about their child’s development as well as services to support that development.

Ontario Renovates (scroll down to the Programs to Renovate and Repair Housing section) has replaced the federal Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) and offers financial assistance for making accessibility modifications to the home.

Ontario Works (provincial) website provides information about applying for their income assistance and employment services.

Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities (federal) helps people living with disabilities to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment or self-employment.

The Passport Program (provincial) helps adults living with a developmental disability to find more ways to participate in the community after leaving school.

Province of Ontario’s main website.

Public Health Agency of Canada (federal) features information about healthy living, disease and injury prevention.

Public Health Ontario (PHO) is an arm’s-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promotingthe health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health.

ReportON (provincial) is a telephone line and email address for reporting actual or suspected abuse or neglect of adults living with a developmental disability.

Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) (federal) information can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Revenue Canada’s Tax Credits and Deductions for Persons with Disabilities (federal) provides links to details about income tax credits, exemptions and related issues.

Service Canada’s Employment section (federal) includes great resources if you are looking for work, including an online job bank.

Special Education (provincial) provides information about special education resources available from the province of Ontario.

Special needs services (provincial) for children and youth.

Spotlight on Transformation is the province’s newsletter for people interested in  services and supports for people with a developmental disability.

Taxpayers’ Ombudsman (federal) is responsible to ensure that the Canada Revenue Agency respects the rights of taxpayers.

This page (provincial) provides links to information about the structure and function of the government of Ontario, its ministries and its agencies. It’s also the place to find forms, official documents and government contact information.


Developmental Services Ontario is the single point of contact for accessing adult developmental services in Ontario.

You may also find these links of interest: